Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I've been a little preoccupied....

Both kids and us are a little under the weather with a small cold type thingy... its so rotten to be sick...
Last night we got some great news though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JON IS NOW

LEIUTENANT Faucher.... that is right .... he was promoted to rescue leiutenant and will manage his own rescue truck and have his own driver... so proud of him...so many great things to come for him....

so we went out to celebrate (we just went to chilis) with the kids and then all of us walked around Target till way past their bedtimes filling the cart with some fun things... Star Wars box set, the new SMallville set and a few fun things for the kids... we had paid some bills and been so dilligent that it was so fun to splurge..

I have been a little down with scrapping lately... it can be very hard to stay a cheerleader all the time when you get so many
"wow, your work is just amazing.... what gorgeous layouts that is.... We are so extrememly impressed with you..."
BUT..............

we have chosen another person for the design team or your submission is not one we picked...
I'm not the person who ever is unprofessional or complains but I think it does still take its toll on me and last night was really sad... so dinner and shopping really changed my outlook...
and today, I'm back to scrappin.... entered another contest and am doing a virtual cyber crop this weekend... so fun... no more stress related scrapping.. no manufacturer or team is worth that much stress...
I'll get it when I'll get it and that s all there is to it....
and I'm very grateful that in this cutthroat industry I don't have to rely on this as a source of income.. I'm fortunate that I can enjoy this and receive benefits too...
Here is to all of you that sent me encouraging emails and posts... you are all very uplifting and for that , I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
kim

1 comment:

JenSmack said...

Congrats to your husband and family on his promotion!!

I know how difficult it is to feel disappointed about scrapping... and even though i'm reminded that the contests is not why we do this... (I just want to yell "oh yeah - well it would still be NICE!") It's so flipping competitive - who'd have thought that this hobby would be like this?

Your work IS terrific and you will find the perfect place for it to be showcased!