Thursday, March 08, 2007

I'm enjoying Ryan so much..........

His language is just increasing every minute.....
Lately, we are hearing so much more from him and its such a funny little voice. Autistics commonly refer to themselves in third person and Ryan does this as well..

He is scared.....
he's not tired....
I want to tickle your tummy (when he's asking us to tickle him!)

etc...

and lately he has been consoling himself outloud (which is the cutest thing I've ever heard!)
I made lasagne and he sat staring at it.... "oooo all that cheese (he doesn't like cheese! lol) its okay that there is cheese.... he'll be alright"....
A voice that we prayed to hear and are now enjoying every little word....
After eating a few bites of dinner, I see him slap a mushroom onto my plate...
I look up at him and say "Ry, what was that for?" and he keeps looking at his plate and just says
"He doesn't like that part!"
So there you go.... you ask..... you get an answer!!!!!!
My funny little ry ry.....
small little miracles every day here!

1 comment:

Sarah Kristiansen said...

Oh, Kim, i could have written this post myself! Though Sam has verbal apraxia, not autism, he was so silent for so long, that every word he utters is wonderful. I hear him say things to me now that I say to him all the time..he lost a dinsaur the other day, and while we looked for it he was saying, "it alright, mommy, we find it." in the most soothing voice. it gives me such happiness to know that he was hearing me even when he wasn't talking to us, kwim? Anyway, in my life, I am surrounded with friends whose children have NO speech disorders, so none of them can truly appreciate the words their kids say like I do...and like you do! (phew..sorry for the novel!)