Sunday, September 23, 2007

Hey there....

been awhile between posts... we survived Ryans dental surgery!!!! whew!!!!!!!! so glad its over...
he did fine in the pre op phase..... but only began fighting as they put the gas mask on him to sedate him.... he fell right to sleep and Jon joined me out in the wait room.... where we waited for almost 3 hours.... I finished a couple sudoku puzzles, read a book and watched some tv Jon did computer researching medical info... lol while we waited.....
we were surprised that he had awoken with neither of us there and of course, came to wake, kicking and screaming the way he went in to the surgery.... (no surprise to us, but of course, to untrained medical staff.... ugh!)
anyoo... Jon walked down to watch 6 people having to restrain him... see how strong I am??
and once he was in Jon's arms, calmed a bit....
the sweet little receptionist at the desk said that I can just go on in.... no need to sit there and bite my nails (which I was doing to keep busy!) so when I got there... there were two nurses sitting there trying to take his blood pressure... poor baby... looked exhausted...
the main problem of his was that darn IV... they were stopping it.. trying to finish the bag and take vitals...HE WAS NOT HAPPY WITH IT IN HIS ARM>>> but we sat there together... rocking and looking at new books, toys I had brought with.... he seemed much happier with just JOn and I there and once Iv was out... very groggy but more himself....
that day was so sad because when we got home.... Mia came over for an hour so Sam and Victoria could go put down Buddy... the gorgeous friend black lab.... I don't think I could cry any more that day....
That was Friday...

Saturday was much better.... Erin had her soccer game scored three goals... had a great save and a great pass they are getting much stronger... go Saturn!... Nana and Papa came to watch.... we took Ryan , brought a social story about sitting at a soccer game, snacks, books and a chair... wow, what a difference those pictures make for his understanding!
We invited them back to the house for lunch and a wonderful apple cranberry pie my neighbor had brought us for watching their cat... really wonderful pie!

Sunday, today... poor jon is at work today, tonight OT and his normal day shift tomorrow.... so I caught up on laundry.... worked on getting his appetite up and let them rest... dress up and be kids...
Erin read her first book today... all the way through... so proud of her !
Other than Ryan coming to check to make sure Im there every 15 minutes... poor sweetie... he is doing well and I"m sure will be ready to go back to school tomorrow for some routine!
Peace...
Kimo
Will post some layouts and cards I've been doing soon... stay tuned!

No comments: