Wednesday, June 04, 2008

I made it to 5!!


at Scrapperie Gauntlet contest... woo hoo... I really thought I was a goner.. lol since the talent is getting fierce! WE had to pick a layout that is art inspired and I chose a favorite artist Thomas Kinkade... the painter of light.. they just mesmerize me...For round 4 we had to be inspired by a piece of artwork ... I have always wanted to try this technique so this week was a perfect time to start!
I added a vintage grain filter to the photo in photo shop elements.... then printed it out onto watercolor paper.
I then played around with watercolors to accent some key areas of the photo to give it a more dreamy painted look rather than the flat "house" picture it was....
Its hard to see on a layout but in real life it now looks like a handpainted piece rather than a picture...

I used a journaling block from Mellette Berezowski's ETSy shop and some Cosmo Cricket chipboard
paper is SEI
letters are from AMerican Crafts (thickers)

tfl

Offto work on round 5... we have two weeks to work on a mini album! The competition gets fierce! wish me luck!

Kim

1 comment:

Charity Hassel said...

oh. love the patriotic theme for the cps card... the 4 tag thingy and the star! fab. good luck in your contest~!