Wednesday, August 06, 2008

wanna know something....

about me???? I got the idea from this gal.


http://stephaniehowell.typepad.com/



.. whose blog I love.. she is talented and super sweet girl who I know online ...If I lived in texas still, I would love to become friends with her and go antiquing!

so thanks steph for the inspiration... here I go


1. I am a california girl... born and raised... left at 19 to attend college at University of Arizona, moved to Texas with jon where we lived for 5 years , then followed him (with ryan and 2 beagles in tow) to Rhode island..and we've been here ever since 8 years and counting!

2.I drink an entire pot of coffee every day and people comment if I don't have a mug in my hand! lol

3. Im a shopaholic... groceries, target, scrap supplies.. toys... you name it.. I can out shop the best of them!!

4. I was painfully insecure when I was a child and didn't really have any self confidence until I left to go away for college... being a state away by my lonesome did something for me

5. I have always been drawn to special needs population.. I had several special needs friends as a child (while everyone else made fun of them) and volunteered throughout high school and college for several organizations and clubs that served that population... so when we found out about ryan's autism, my mother was devastated yet not surprised... she felt all along I was called to raise him.

6. I have a wicked sense of humor.. love to laugh and am always cracking up or making someone crack up.

7.i love kids.. I've worked as a substitute day care worker, CCD teacher and camp counselor...
I also still play with my kids

8.I am very well rounded... I consider myself a "b" student still... I m common sense smart but not intellectual... Jon, my dh has enough intelligence for the both of us! lol

9. I love to bake and don't mind cooking... but I absolutely HATE planning what to eat!!!


10. I still have crushes on boy celebrities from david boreanaz (Bones) to zac efron,(high school musical) makes me feel like a young girl...and my best friend and I still giggle like it when we are together

11. I love having a daughter... sometimes she is so cool... wants to be nancy drew one day and spider man the next but can put on a fancy dress, paint her nails and look like cinderella... and she is drop dead gorgeous as all three!

12. the only award I ever won was an art award... and the only "A" I received throughout a course was in computers... and yet somehow, I went to college and decided to major in fashion!!

13. I have one brother who I was extremely close to as a child.. we only played with each other .. He is married and a daddy. They live in Washington State. (I know... clear across the U.S.a. from us!!!

14. I look like my dad and am looking more and more like him as I age.. never really appreciated all that until I had my own children.

15. my ideal vacation is sleeping in... hanging out at a beach, hiking, camping or just eating out every night

would love it if you are reading to leave a comment and link me to your blog...
I would love to read about you all...dont' be shy..

Kim

1 comment:

Suzie Webb said...

Hey Kim!
Loved reading your list and getting to 'know' you better :) If you ever decide to visit your bro in Washington...you can pop down to Central Oregon for a visit and a drop by my store :)