Friday, September 05, 2008

random thoughts

I've been participating in an online discussion of this book
"The Artists Way" by Julia Cameron... the best thing about it is that I found it in Mom's studio when I was there last December sorting through her materials, etc. and figured she must have been doing the course ...
It's always more fun to do these things with others and my online buds are just the thing...
So along with Learn something New Every day.. by Shimelle... , Bad Girls Academy beginning next week, Artist's Way, U stamp and Got Sketch 102... wholly crazy woman... what am I thinking...
not to mention nagging some cute little blue eyed girl to wake up, get dressed, do homework, Ryan (nough said! lol), and Jon home... so frozen waffles and chicken nuggets aren't standard dinner fare anymore! lol
anyhoo...doing the "Morning pages" from an artists way... 3 whole pages of just writing... first thing in the morning... has been so wonderful for me..
I am able to express so much and the pages have been pretty interesting and random.. (no surprise there) but its a great habit to get into and it has been great for my creativity....
I even walked a couple miles today with a ton of ideas in my head as I walked...
I would totally recommend this to all aspiring artists, creative types including painters, writers, actors,musicians, crafters or just if you are in need of re tapping your inner creativity.
Now off to stamp something... its gonna be a challenging weekend here with tropical storms up our coast... I have to go pull the scooters, bikes and yard furniture inside
Getty is better (for those who were asking) and she is lazily loungin with me right now as I type this... she is so cute! her belly is shaved from where they did the ultrasound and she is such a good dog... always a trooper.. never complaining
I also have some good news...
Scrapbook Trends just picked up a layout for the upcoming Babies idea book for a page I did on my niece Sydney.. yeah!
and
Scrapbook News and REview just picked up two cards for their September issue!
Pretty great news for a girlie who has been totally in a creative slump.....
Stay safe for my friends in the Carolina's.. I"ll be thinking of you all
Kim

No comments: