Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Year in Cards

so most of you that know me know I love love to make cards more than anything.... and I have been a "pea" hanging over at the Pub for over 7 years... I am finally starting to do some of the great educational classes that they offer...
Kristina Warner is an awesome cardmaker and a member of the garden over there and hosts this challenge
check out the deets here
This challenge we were to create a card that incorporates some sort of gift... so I was inspired by her sketches and created three cards.
The first one is a fold out card that has a pocket inside to hold a tea bag.. card says take 5... great for teachers , mothers day etc...
The second card I did the standard gift card holder inside a normal card front.. easy to make and it stays put great with the transparent pocket!
The third one is a fun one I thought up... I had found a template to make these little goody boxes (you can also buy them pre made at craft stores)  I adhered it to the front of scalloped cardstock and stuck the wrapped treats inside the cellophane bag inside...I thought these would be great party favors.

so... three cards done ;) this is a great system for getting cards done.. especially if you aren't entirely confident when it comes to cardmaking... Hope to see some of you play along !

Kim

8 comments:

betsy (pharmgirl) said...

such great cards!

Frances said...

These are precious...I am beginning to like to make them. But I have a long way to go to make them look like yours.

Amy said...

great cards!

Pamela said...

These are fabulous! :)

Melonie said...

Fantastic cards!!

Linda Beeson said...

Yeah! Doesn't it feel good to get that much created? CUTE.

Marcie said...

Fantastic cards Kim! Love them!

ellen s. said...

love these! all the colors...so creative!