Monday, March 08, 2010

Man that was a crazy week!!! WE had the list of family medical appointments... all of which had great results!! Thank you to all who prayed.. my mother in laws "spot" turned out to be a non invasive cyst... great news... My dad passed the stress test and is fit and strong with his age... the elevated blood pressure  may just be something they will monitor.. no blockage or surgery at least.. phew!!
The kids survived the dentist... in fact, this is probably the best visit we have had yet.. .and it has motivated me to make it a positive experience for him so we will do lots of "playing dentist" over the next few months

I had a very creative weekend... the weather was great... got to head outside and hear and smell spring... LOVE this time of year... so hopeful!

Here is a layout I created for a challenge over at RAHM I am hosting this week.
I used lots of flowers on this. They are created using bits of Graphic 45's Proper Gentleman line. I wanted to show how versatile a "mans" line can be... I punched different sized circles from the pattern papers, layered a neutral strip... added flowers, lace and gems to make it more feminine. Don't have any boys or men to scrapbook.. no problem... the rich colors can work in pieces and great for still life objects, nature etc...
This layout /challenge at Right AT Home is to find some inspiration from this art piece

This is Auguste Renoir's Mixed Flowers. I loved the rich color scheme. It amazed me how much detail he paints and the textures of the counter and flowers leads to a more masculine looking set of flowers. I thought this was great range of colors and random mix of flowers (which I prefer... very European style!) ;)
See if this artwork speaks to you and create something with it... more details on the challenge here 
Hope the day is beginning to feel like spring where you are.. I am soaking up the sun today.
Peace,
Kim

4 comments:

Pamela said...

This is great! I love all the flowers!!! :)

Linda Beeson said...

That is a great way to use a whole bunch of neat looking flowers!

Sally Keller said...

gorgeous gorgeous flowers!!! :) love your LO and your inspiration...gonna hop on over to your etsy shop!! love it!!!

Marlene said...

WOWZA - I am LOVING all those flowers on that layout!!!