Just in time for Spring is this lovely line called Spring In Bloom. I created a little journal to give as a Mothers Day gift or housewarming hostess.
Bind-It-All and chipboard to create a mini album or purchase a ready made one like I did here.
1. First, I cut out a square from the Spring in Bloom Artistic Paper line and trim excess negative space to make a 4x6 cardstock with image.
2. Paint, or color it in with markers ( I used Copics) to fill in the floral image and leaves/stems.
3. Add Glue Gloss with applicator lightly over the script text . Sprinkle with Pralines and Cream Fairy Dust Glitter. Ink edges of cardstock with Color Box Archival Queue in Deep Grape (from the Beach Towels collection)
4. Handcut a purple butterfly from the Spring In Bloom collection , add Fairy Dust glitter using Glue Gloss to adhere and add to left corner of cardstock with a pop dot, bending the wing up slightly.
5. On a extra piece of Artistic Paper (blank) 1x3 inches... apply a Design Adhesive by Clearsnap. I used the word Enjoy.
6. Add white Embossing Powder , sprinkle off excess and heat set with tool.
7. When the image is cool liberally apply Deep Grape Ink over image and background. Wipe off excess with a soft cloth or paper towel. to reveal a subtle and resisted image underneath the darker background ink. Keep adding ink and wiping off until you receive desired affect.
8. Add gems to sentiment and adhere with pop dots or 3 d adhesive. to bottom left of cardstock as shown.
9. Using Glue Gloss, apply adhesive to a wooden craft spoon tip (vintage or plastic spoon would work also ;) Add a thick layer of Fairy Dust Glitter in Pralines and Cream. Let dry and then repeat process on the back side of spoon tip. This resembles the chocolate and sprinkled coated spoons you can get in gift shops and will serve as a fun decorative element for the book.
10. Cut strips of burlap and silk ribbons, twine etc to tie around the spoon.
11. The greatest thing about this Glue Gloss applicator is that it is easy to apply to ribbons and fabric pieces without mess ! Next, add some adhesive to the burlap and then sprinkle it in Fairy Dust Glitter.. shake off excess and be amazed by the prettiness of it ;)
12. Tie silk tea dyed ribbons , twine, ribbon burlap or any other fabric around wooden spoon.
I added a decorative pin by Maya Road and attached spoon to center of cardstock piece.
Now you have a few techniques in order to create a gorgeous album, card or decorative piece just in time for spring showers, Mothers Day or celebrating all the new fresh events in your lives!
* Pattern papers: GCD Studios, Donna Salazar Designs, Spring in Bloom line
*Copic Markers: V06,V09,V15,V20
all by Clearsnap
*Fairy Dust Glitter , Pralines and Cream, by Donna Salazar Designs and Clearsnap
Other: stick pin, burlap, ribbon, twine, pop dots, button, gems and wooden stick.
Hopefully this inspired you to grab these new products.. I would love to see any projects you create using any of the techniques I mentioned here... Link us up and let us know your favorites!
Here are some close ups of the finished project
Thanks so much...You can see more projects like this on my blog at