Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June

Hi. Kim here with a few cards to get you through June. June is synonomous with Brides and Dads. We spend the time finishing up school, grilling with Dad on Fathers Day and attending lots of outdoor weddings. I wanted to create a few cards that would be on hand during this busy social month.

The first card I made with my own father in mind. My dad is always reminding me to relax and since I get my type A personality from him, ;)  I am returning the sentiment.

I wanted to use some distressed corrugated cardboard as my card base. It gives a great support and has a masculine texture. I inked the edges with Clearsnap ink in Chocolate and Blueberries
The pattern papers are from the Antiquities line by Donna Salazar Designs for GCD
 I fussy cut a little stop watch from the Crafty Chronicle and the Artistic papers calendar
Created to put at his desk as a reminder to enjoy , relax and take some time for himself.

For the next card, Wedding Day, I took a more feminine approach.

First, I layered several pattern papers from the Antiquities line. I wanted to keep the traditional blue color scheme that is commonly found in wedding themes. I stamped a sentiment using Clearsnap ink in Chocolate and Blueberries and added some Fairy Dust Glitter in Mixed Berries to give it an iridescent glow
I spritzed a doily with Smooch Spritz in River Mossy.                .

Next, I tied a ribbon and added some gems for a beautiful card to celebrate the Happy Day!

Hope this gives you some ideas for card making during June and using Antiquities papers. Its so versatile that it covers the many occasions you will make cards for this summer and throughout the year!

Supplies:
Take some Time card:
Pattern papers, Antiquities, Donna Salazar Designs, GCD
Calendar, Artistic Paper, Donna Salazar Designs, GCD
Chocolate and Blueberries Cats Eye Queue, Clearsnap,
Twine
Airplane accent, K and Co
Stick pin, Maya Road
Rub On's Recollections for Michaels

Happy Wedding Day card:
Pattern papers, Antiquities, Donna Salazar Designs, GCD
Smooch Spritz,  Donna Salazar Designs colors, Clearsnap
Cats Eye Chalk ink Queue, Chocolate and Blueberries,  Clearsnap
Fairy Dust Glitter, Donna Salazar Designs, Clearsnap
Stamp frame and sentiment, Papertrey Ink, Anniversary set 2010
Stick Pin, Maya Road
Ribbon, Offray
Vintage button, Jenni Bowlin
twine
Gems, Recollections for Michaels


Check out my blog for more cards at
Inside My Head


No comments: