Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Appreciation

for so many things. We have just spent the last 3 days without any electricity, phone, etc and it really was both a burden and a blessing in disguise. Luckily, we maintained our water, had no damage or trees down and were home together... Jon got called in two of the nights as me and the mini clones sat in the dark, played checkers and "camped" in the living room, cozy and fun... It was a gentle reminder to see this through their eyes and treat it as an adventure. At the moment, still around 23% of my town is still without power so we feel blessed to have it back and will never take it for granted.
As I fill my fridge the next few weeks, I will have to remind myself of this.. ha.. (everything got tossed ;(
at least we get to cleanse and begin a new... its kind of like moving!!  lol

I need to go work on the heaping pile of laundry that built while we widdled away... let me leave you with this...

Difficulties are opportunities to better things; they are stepping stones to greater experience. Perhaps someday you will be thankful for some temporary failure in a particular direction. When one door closes, another always opens.”

Peace,
Kim

No comments: