Sunday, August 21, 2011

Inspirational Scraps

Hey everyone. I wanted to share a few tips for creating artistic embellishments. After I create a card or scrapbook page, I typically try and use up all the paper and embellishments to make either tags, or embellished accents .(I like to call them Scraps).  They can be added to a cardfront, layered on a scrapbook page, or used as a bookmark or gift tag.
The possiblities are endless and they are great to have on hand for any future occasion!
First, I had created a card for a friend using Spring In Bloom papers.
Before layering the papers, I spritzed the white cardstock with a fun combination of Smooch Spritz that gave it a soft, shabby look.
I added some embellishments and the card was done.
I was inspired by the card to create the next two little "scraps".

Using some of the leftover paper from the card, I added some gems, cut and created a handmade flower from my Carnation Creations die from Spellbinders and a sticker. The back of this is unfinished but this would quickly add to a cardstock or can be added as an embellishment on a future scrapbook page... quick and ready !
Then, I was inspired to make a tag.  Using the spritz that was left in my Color Catcher, I ran a tag through it until it was dampily "dusted" with the leftover smooch spritzes.
While I had my die cutter out, I cut a butterfly using the Fanciful Flight die from Spellbinders and added some gems. I added some paper from Antiquities to the dried tag. Another great embellishment or accent ready for use!

Here is another example of a card and its inspired scrap....
Here I cut and layered the "extra" flowers out of the same die cut template and the butterfly.
I even used the bits of "scrap" papers to create leaves and the title for the tag.


Next time, you finish a project, see what you can create using your leftover scraps to make some fun artistic and finished embellishments. You never know when you may need a quick accent!
See you next time!
                                                                   Inside My Head
Supplies:
Pattern papers Spring in Bloom and Antiquities, Donna Salazar Designs, GCD
Artistic Paper, Donna Salazar Designs, GCD
Manila Tags, office supply
Smooch Spritz, Mixed Berries, Pralines and Cream  (Donna Salazar) and Cherry Ice,  by Clearsnap
Lace, Prima
Gems, Recollections
Transparency quotes, Making Memories
Butterly accent, K and Co
Flower, Prima
Brads, Basic Grey
Die Cuts, Carnation Creations,  and Fanciful Flight, Donna Salazar Designs, for Spellbinders
Tools, die cutting machine and Color Catcher

No comments: