Saturday, September 17, 2011

Want 2 Scrap

Hello again. We are half way through September !  I am bringing you another project today using the fabulous Want 2 Scrap goodies . Can I tell you how excited I am to have some bling bling in my possession.



 I can never line them up evenly, so having them pre sticky and pre shaped to match Donna's fab o designs is just amazing for me!
They also carry some fun shapes in a chipboard that matches the Nestabilities Lacey Ovals dies from Spellbinders... perfection! and not having to put adhesive on those bitty openings... can you hear me squealing with delight! ;)
First I started with some of the Want to Scrap nestaboard in the Lacey Ovals shapes... yes.. that's right.. they are already PRE cut to the lacey ovals board!!!
Its a great weight of chipboard. These could also be used as is but I decided to distress it a bit... after all....I am a Donna Salazar Designs girl ;)  I added two new colors of Smooch Spritz to these puppies coating them front and back in my color catcher.

These colors are Ginger Ale and Candle Glow.... so pretty.... combined it was a gorgeous creamy gold shimmer. 

Next I took the Truffle MIx'd Media Inx and slathered the ink directly over the front. It allowed the shimmer to shine through even though the ink is so beautifully rich and dark.


Set the sprayed nestaboard piece aside to allow it to dry. I love the distressed look so while it was wet I began "scratching" the surface with my nail to flick off some of the top layer... the colors, wetness of the board and the kraft color gives it a slightly faux wood look... really simple to achieve!

I tried the same technique here on this corrugated cardboard piece... love how the ink didn't cover the entire surface but the smooch was able to coat it completely.

Then I layered my card with pattern papers from Antiquities line. I added some Fall silk flowers and topped the nestaboard piece off with the gems for a complete card


Here is another little project I made using the same Smooch Spritz colors and mix'd media inx. You can see how the background piece came out so matte and artsy.


See you next time!
my blog:



Supplies:
Pattern papers, Antiquities, Donna Salazar Designs, GCD
Smooch Spritz, Ginger Snap and Candle Glow, Donna Salazar, Clearsnap
Mix'd Media Inx, Donna Salazar Designs, Clearsnap
Lacey Ovals Nestaboard, Want2Scrap
 Lacey Ovals Nestabling, black rhinestones Want2Scrap
Organza ribbon, May Art
Fall silk flowers, Michaels
corrugated cardboard
Carnation Creations dies, Donna Salazar, Spellbinder
chipboard letters, American Crafts, Studio Calico

No comments: