Thursday, October 06, 2011

Flea Market inspired

Hey everyone.. It's Kim here to share a flea market style project. I was inspired by this magazine
and this article in particular....

I absolutely LOVE the texture of this Wood frame . The contrast of the smooth pictures and that subtle green color against the wood is just amazing...


Today I am sharing how I made this wall hanging inspired by this article and its artwork.
I started off by inking a 6x6 inch piece of illustration board with Mix'd Media Inx in Peridot, Truffle and Honey. I applied it both with sponge daubers and directly to the board from the tube.
Next I wrapped a piece of lace and netting around the board.

I took a 7x7 sized Corrugated board. Peeled off the front layer to expose the corrugated piece underneath. I spritzed it with Smooch spritzes in Wood Grain, Candle Glow, Ice Rink and Cashmere. I also used Smooch in Molasses with its brush tip to rub lines randomly across the grooves of the corrugated board giving it a wood likeness.


I set this piece aside to dry. Then I cut a label out of Donna's Artistic paper using my Label One die.
I quickly pressed the blank side onto the corrugated  wet front creating a unique grainy stain onto the label. I added some gems to the illustration board and adhered the label to the center.
I cut two butterflies from my Fanciful Flight dies , spritzed them with Ice Rink Smooch Spritz and added them to the right of the label using foam pop dots to add dimension
I also added some seed beads to the center of the butterfly using Glue Gloss. Its thin applicator tip is perfect for small beads, gems etc! I punched some holes into the corrugated top edge using my Bind It All. I ran a wired wrapped twine through the holes and formed a loop wrap... to create a hanging . I wrapped a silk ribbon around the illustration board and adhered the piece to the corrugated background.

Fit a small photo underneath a 3x4 in.clear Acrylic cover from Zutter adhering lightly at the corners.
I trimmed the word "adore" off of a Bingo card and adhered it with a decorative star sticker.

Now I have my own Flea Market inspired decor to enjoy!



                                       






Supplies:
Artistic Paper, Donna Salazar Designs, GCD
Corrugated Board, Clear Acrylic Cover and Bind It All, Zutter
Mix'd Media Inx, Smooch, Smooch Spritz and Glue Gloss, Donna Salazar Designs, Clearsnap
Gems and Seed Beads, Recollections
Silk Ribbon, 7 Gypsies
Bingo Card, Jenni Bowlin
Star Decorative sticker, Basic Grey
Die Cutting templates, Donna Salazar, Spellbinders
Twine wrapped wire, Florist department, Michaels
Inspiration, Flea Market Style magazine, Fall/Winter 2011 edition


My blog:
Inside My Head


No comments: