Friday, August 24, 2012

Photographs

I decided to share some of my photography work. I am by NO means a professional photographer but I have always done really well capturing images with very little to no editing afterwards.
I almost always have my camera on a no flash setting and play around with ISO if at all ...
I don't have any fancy lenses but I like to take realistic, natural photos.

This is a photo I snapped of a pinecone. I had set it up as a still life for a drawing assignment and decided to photograph it as well. I converted it to black and white because I loved the contrast of the lights.

While camping, I was lucky enough to capture this beautiful butterfly. I didnt' have time to correct any settings and I don't own a macro lens so I just zoomed in and got as close as I could without disturbing it... butterflies are just so beautiful and I will probably paint this little baby one day.

One of my all time FAVORITE things to photograph are old barns, cabins and rustic wood... I don't know what it is.. the texture, the misshapen fences or the rickety barn doors but there is just such elegance for my eyes. Luckily, living in New England, there is no shortage of OLD places... many historical to photograph and enjoy...

I love sheep and cows. They are so still, yet make some funny noises and are super friendly. It makes me enjoy taking time to notice the differences in each one... I can actually notice personality differences in them as well. This guy was literally begging me to photograph him.. He came over twice and just did this... stand in the path like..." Here you go, lady.. snap away! "  Ha... love how he almost had a smile ;)

Next up, are my two other favorite subjects coastal items such as shells, beaches  and lighthouses...
sigh...

This Fall , RISD is having a series in the museum called from NATURE.  In turn, I am taking the course Nature Lab for my certificate program. We will visit the showing of artwork, get out in nature, photograph, draw, paint and write all about it. RIGHT UP MY ALLEY! So excited to begin!!!
These pictures will be ones I will use to inspire me and help create my assignments.
Hope you enjoyed my little selection of my favorite photos.
Peace,
Kim

No comments: