Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sketching

Even when I am the most disconnected from the world, I make time to sketch and doodle. I have been out of school for a two month break and barely did any painting in large scale.. I am catching up on my crafts though and paint frequently and expressively through that.
Wanted to share some of my random sketchiness .
Sometimes I just get the ideas down in pen or pencil... Sometimes I use watercolor and at times my sketches are more like complete works of art... Random keeps it fun.... I shared some photos here to show you just how eclectic my style is but more importantly that there is no right way to sketch...
Getting the ideas down is all that matters and the style, how often, where you sketch or what supplies you use is completely up to you.... Dont let those things get in the way of doodling and sketching... It is the artists version of recess... Free play ... Dont critique or judge just do and not only will you be a better artist for it but also it has the ability to reduce stress, put you in tune with an inner spirit, capture lost mojos etc...
I would love if you shared some of your favorite sketching/doodling sites artists as I am always looking to share inspiration... And I would LOVE to have you link doodles sketches marks here for me to see, love and admire!
Peace,
Kimo












No comments: