Monday, June 08, 2015

Watercolor Blog Hop

I am excited to be sharing a creation for the Watercolor Blog Hop hosted by Pretty Pink Posh.

There are so many possibilities for creating watercolor effects in papercrafting right now. I have done several cards and am sharing three blog posts showcasing my favorite way to create a watercolor look using inks and paints.
This card uses stamp sets from W plus 9.
I stamped the images using Archival ink in black and let them dry.
I used Coptic inks to color in the flowers and butterfly.
The soft watercolor background is using diluted distress ink mixed with some wink of Stella and a pearly watercolor set by Yasutomo.
Here is another card I created using the same technique except I used the black filled Wink of Stella in the center of the flower... Really gives it a more natural shimmer layered over the Distress Inks. I stamped a simple sentiment and layered it on frosted vellum.
Stamps are from Altenew. Sentiment is Papertrey Ink 

If you are interested in seeing more creations you can click on the link below and leave comments for your chance to win some great prizes from the sponsors!

http://prettypinkposh.com/2015/06/watercolors-inspiration-and-prizes.html

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Both cards are beautiful! I like the wonderful, strong contrast the black gives to the watercolors!

jenn shurkus said...

gorgeous! i have been appreciating good ol black cardstock again :) really lets the card elements pop!

Fifi said...

Lovely cards, great use of black

Elizabeth S. said...

Beautiful card and love the design and watercoloring!

D.Ann C said...

Like these even more!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are so pretty!