Saturday, November 14, 2015

More peace cards

Back today with two more cards using Simon Says Stamps newest holiday released dies, stencils and stamps.
My first card features the negative space after cutting out the letters Peace that I used in another card. I also used a stamped greeting from an extra stamp set that coordinates with the large peace and joy ones.
The background layers patterned papers from Recollections and Studio Calico and used Texture paste through the stencil. After it dried I layered it with multi colors of distress inks. The paper was Kraft so the snow looks more subdued.
I left the greeting block stark white and also cut this snowflake border die ( also Simon Says Stamps).
My next card is completely the negative space from die cuts. I added white paper behind the snowflakes and the patterned paper behind the sentiment. I layered a few of the snowflakes overlapping the negative space background and added adhesive and Distress rock candy glitter to frost them with bling!
Assorted gems, sequins and silver stars embellish and accent the simple design.
In light of all the violence around the world, I will be doing many more peace cards this year for holidays and other occasions. We all need to be reminded of this.
With peace, kimo 


No comments: