Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Day 3 clear and sheer

Today's lesson is all about creating clear cards. I had always avoided doing them because I could never figure out how to leave room to write a message.
After this class, I am much more confident and full of ideas thanks to the great teachers at Online Card Classes.
Using acetate is not new to me but creating a card base out of it was so I did that first.
I then stamped a sentiment out of vellum and layered it onto a stripe stamped block, cardstock, vellum and finally the acetate card front. Having all these layers allowed me to disguise adhesives and let the sentiment really pop out.
I also created an acetate embellishment that I cut out of packaging. The clamshell package had a clear molded butterfly. I added layers of alcohol inks which are great on plastics and acetate.
I tied a gold ribbon around the side of the card and added some gems to finish it off .




No comments: