Thursday, June 09, 2016

Creative Chemistry summer

I created two tags for Creative Chemistry Summer session leading up to Creative Chemistry 103 in August... So exciting!
You can find out details of these classes here http://www.onlinecardclasses.com at Online Card Classes 
I didn't have time to post the week one challenge tag but am going to share a peek of it here.
I used peacock feathers, seedless preserves, barn door and lightly went over it with brushed corduroy. Then I did the spritz and flick technique with water and stamped a sentiment from Tim Holtz and butterfly wings from Technique Junkies.

This tag is for week two challenge.
I used a number stencil from Ranger/Tim Holtz and applied Distress Stains in Seedless Preserves, Barn Door and Peacock Feathers. I loved that some of it seeped through but you still get a pattern!
The great thing about Distress is that they are reactive with water and blend with one another beautifully! After drying,
I adhered this panel to a Kraft tag and inked along the edges in the same color inks. 
Because it was so bright and busy, I kept the stamping simple with this sentiment by Technique Junkies.
I went in after and added a bit of turquoise Nuance pigment powder (by Magenta) to the bottom just to give the inked area a bit of pop as the powders have various colors in the mix ( see a bit of yellow and orange) 
Such a fun technique.




2 comments:

Dodie said...

Great interpretation of the technique, and I really like the quote.

Paradise Lost said...

I love how you created the background! Gorgeous pattern!