Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Day 4 clear and sheer


Today's cards take two cards of mine that were either a little too busy for my taste and /or included some trial and error techniques.

I had attempted a glittered background that didn't create a "perfect" glitter affect on the inked and uneven vellum.
I had some mix of vellum and card stock images , fussy cut and layered on a vellum cloud panel and a warping sentiment ( lol my description sounds pathetic!) I wondered what it would look like more subdued under a heavy piece of Duralar. To my surprise, adding the acetate panel pulled this all together!


The next card is a card that I had pieced together a million times!
Sherri showed us how adding just a touch of vellum, acetate mixed with layers of cardstock really give your project another layer of dimension .
Adding these chicks (Reverse Confetti) on pop dots gives a 3D feel.





Day 3 clear and sheer

Today's lesson is all about creating clear cards. I had always avoided doing them because I could never figure out how to leave room to write a message.
After this class, I am much more confident and full of ideas thanks to the great teachers at Online Card Classes.
Using acetate is not new to me but creating a card base out of it was so I did that first.
I then stamped a sentiment out of vellum and layered it onto a stripe stamped block, cardstock, vellum and finally the acetate card front. Having all these layers allowed me to disguise adhesives and let the sentiment really pop out.
I also created an acetate embellishment that I cut out of packaging. The clamshell package had a clear molded butterfly. I added layers of alcohol inks which are great on plastics and acetate.
I tied a gold ribbon around the side of the card and added some gems to finish it off .




Clear and Sheer day 1


I am participating in the newest Online Card Classes Clear and Sheer.
Today I am sharing my cards for day 1.
We learned many ways, tips and tricks for attaching vellum. 
I created two cards using two different techniques.
My first card has a fun little unicorn scene (stamps are all Reverse Confetti).
I layered images onto a sheet of background vellum which I attached with a brad in the left hand corner. I also applied some adhesive to the vellum where the stamped stripe panel would hide the adhesive.


Next up I created a card using die cuts and trinkets to attach the vellum branch to the world die cut. Both were distress inked and I found the more grungy or inked the vellum was the easier it was to conceal the adhesive . 
The die cut word is also silver vellum that I die cut and then inked.
I used a lot of Ranger and Tim Holtz products on this card.






Day 2 clear and sheer

Today was an exciting day of class. The amazing Jennifer McGuire shared how to color our vellum.
She made it look so beautiful and easy. I only had inexpensive vellum in my stash and while I did get the results in smaller pieces, I was completely a failure in covering an entire sheet of vellum! Ha! So I took a smaller piece, layered it with ink and added a vellum die cut word to the front. I kind of like the textures and different tones I had achieved by making the white vellum pinkish. It reminds me of a mountain.
I had fun with my gems and rhinestones making them resemble stars.
I then matted it all to a glittery silver card stock and tied it all together with a stick pin and sheer ribbon.